A curved treadmill is a non-motorized treadmill propelled by the motion of your own body. Each stride you take pulls the belt behind you, no electricity required. As you speed up your pace, the belt moves faster in response, meaning how fast you go at any given time is entirely up to you.
The shape also makes it pretty ergonomic – a U shaped treadmill reduces joint stress and feels natural while keeping your form in line.
You can get a more effective training session from a curved manual treadmill than from a high-tech, motorized one. Curved treadmills burn up to 30 percent more calories. You engage more muscle groups by moving it yourself.
A study of 13 trained runners (see link below) found that using a curved manual treadmill resulted in a heart rate up to 16% higher. They also had a 2.5% higher running cadence, or steps per minute.
Key Features of Suodun curved treadmill:
- Non-motorised treadmill with no maximum speed limit.
- Ideal for a natural running motion.
- Well cushioned running deck for joint protection.
- Adjustable resistance for exercise variability.
- Multi-hand position frame for safety or sled/prowler function.