The reasons are as follows:
- 1. The treadmill can easily cause a backward running posture
- 2. Adjusting the speed on the treadmill greatly affects the running rhythm
- 3. Indoor air is a big problem
- 4. You will feel dizzy after running on the treadmill
- 5. Treadmill running is also really convenient
1. The treadmill can easily cause a backward running posture
Since people are running on the treadmill with the crawler moving, people will passively stretch their feet forward in order to prevent the treadmill from being under the crawler belt, but the treadmill space is very small, which will cause the person to lean back a bit. Posture, this posture is particularly damaging to the knees, and the energy utilization efficiency of running is also very low. This is the most important reason why I do not recommend treadmill running.
As for how to avoid the treadmill posture, with the advancement of technology, there is now a treadmill called an unpowered treadmill which perfectly solves the problem of the backward running posture caused by the movement of the crawler. However, this kind of treadmill is generally used by professional athletes, because running on this kind of treadmill is too laborious.
2. Adjusting the speed on the treadmill greatly affects the running rhythm
For ordinary runners, the speed of running has a certain range of change. When running on a treadmill, we inevitably have to adjust the pace. If we run outdoors, we can directly reduce the speed slowly, but running on the treadmill we still You have to press the button to adjust the speed while running, which affects the rhythm of the running. I have tried several times, and it is really annoying to adjust the speed.
3. Indoor air is a big problem
I want to focus on the treadmill. The environment of the treadmill is indoors, and the gym is generally a closed environment. The air quality of a larger gym may be better, but it is not much better. Fresh air (except for foggy weather). I once ran in the gym in the basement of a hotel, and it felt like I was suffocating. I planned to run for 1 hour, but I couldn't stand it in 20 minutes and came out.
Now I feel that there is a psychological shadow, as long as I run against the wall on the indoor treadmill, I feel like I can't breathe.
4. You will feel dizzy after running on the treadmill
Since people are moving while running, the surrounding environment is not moving. After running on the treadmill, people are still. At this time, you will feel that the surrounding scenery is moving, which is commonly known as dizziness. I had this symptom almost every time I finished running. Later, I simply walked slowly on the treadmill for more than ten minutes and then got off, and the symptom disappeared.
5. Treadmill running is also really convenient
After talking about the disadvantages of treadmills, treadmills always have their advantages, otherwise why do so many people go to the gym to run or buy treadmills:
- 1. No matter it is windy or rainy outside, the treadmill will not be affected at all
- 2. The weather is too cold and I don’t want to go out for a run. The treadmill is too fragrant at this time.
- 3. Buying a treadmill at home saves time without going out for a run
After talking about the above 5 points, I suggest everyone not to run on the treadmill as the main means, but try to go outside while running while breathing fresh air and enjoying the beauty of nature. Use the treadmill again when it's windy, rainy, and cold, so they can be perfectly combined.