The advantages and disadvantages of front and rear elliptical machines
In addition to the inertia of the flywheel, the front elliptical machine can also bring a certain amount of friction to the movement. The rear elliptical machine relies on the inertia of the pure flywheel to carry the movement, so the rear elliptical machine will move more easily, of course, the movement effect It looks better on the front.
Advantages of front elliptical machine
(1) The front elliptical machine is undoubtedly very ergonomic in terms of structure and design. Because the volume and weight of the front flywheel are larger, the distance between the pedals will be narrower, so the exerciser has a more gait during exercise. Naturally, in addition, the stride length of the front elliptical machine is generally larger, and it is more comfortable to exercise.
(2) The front flywheel has low noise, and the front flywheel has a relatively uniform load on the four directions of the front flywheel. Even if the weight of the fuselage is large, the dB value of mechanical friction noise generated during movement is generally low.
Disadvantages of front elliptical machine
The elliptical machine occupies a large area and requires high requirements for the area of placement. In addition, due to the complex structure and cumbersome manufacturing, the price of the front elliptical machine is generally high in terms of price.
Advantages of rear elliptical machine
(1) Due to the different design principles of the rear elliptical machine, there is no crankshaft, so the total movement distance is small, so the volume is generally small, the floor space is not large, and there are more places to adapt, even in small-sized families. place.
(2) The price is generally not high, and it is the first choice for users with insufficient budget.
Disadvantages of rear elliptical machine
(1) There are limitations to adapting to the crowd - due to the small size, the weight bearing appears to be stretched. If the buyer is heavier, the rear elliptical machine may not be able to support such buyers.
(2) In terms of exercise experience, the stability and smoothness of movement of the rear elliptical machine are relatively mediocre. Because there is no sliding rail, the movement is similar to the movement of a person pulling a flywheel. The force process is not very uniform, and the movement feels fluttering. Strong and unstable.
To sum up:
In addition to the inertia of the flywheel, the front elliptical machine can also bring a certain amount of friction to the movement. The rear elliptical machine relies on the inertia of the pure flywheel to carry the movement, so the rear elliptical machine will move more easily, of course, the movement effect It looks better on the front. In addition, the exercise of the elliptical machine relies on the strength of the waist and abdomen, not solely on the strength of the feet. Trainers who have just started to use the elliptical machine must have a period of adaptation time.